The mission of the Warren Alpert Foundation Prize is to recognize and honor one or more scientists whose scientific research achievements have led to the prevention, cure or treatment of human diseases or disorders, and/or whose research constitutes a seminal scientific finding that holds great promise of ultimately changing our understanding of or ability to treat disease.
Nominations are accepted from physicians and scientists from around the world. U.S. and non U.S. citizens are elgible to be nominated.
Self nominations are not accepted.
Nominees must be living.
Nominations are submitted on line. The on-line nomination form for the Prize must include the following information:
- Contact information for the nominee and nominator.
- Optional additional nominees (if applicable).
- A suggested citation for the award (maximum fifty words).
- Description of the nominee's research as it relates to the nomination. Include the top five bibliographical references related to the nominations. Joint nominations are permitted.
- An explanation of why you are nominating this person or group over others who have made significant contributions in the same area of research.
- If nominating an individual, comment on whether it is appropriate to share this prize. If so, please describe their contributions.
- Two letters of support.
- CV of the nominee(s).
The nomination submission deadline for the 2022 Warren Alpert Foundation Prize is November 2, 2021.
Prize recipients are selected by the Foundation's Scientific Advisory Committee, comprising internationally renowned biomedical scientists and chaired by the Dean of Harvard Medical School.
For information or questions on nomination submissions, please contact Edward Canton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-432-2116.